Industrial groups in Calvados
||Calvados is home to both firms with longstanding connections with the county, as well as to production units belonging to multinational companies.
- Carrefour Group has been in Calvados since its merger with Promodès, which was founded by the Halley family. Carrefour Group is the world’s largest retailer.
- Lucien Barrière Groupe. Founded in Deauville, this group owns the company Société des Hôtels et Casinos de Deauville. Europe’s leading gaming and hospitality group.
- NXP Semiconductors France (Caen) centre for research and development and for the design of integrated circuits, centre of expertise for radio frequencies and digital circuits (for home electronics).
- Renault Trucks (Blainville sur Orne) production of wiring harnesses and industrial plant. Assembly of Midlum industrial vehicles. World’s second largest lorry cabin production plant.
- Robert Bosch (Caen) motor parts, engine control systems, portable electrical tools, household appliances and capital goods.
- Papeteries Hamelin (Hérouville-Saint-Clair) France’s leading producer of school stationery.
- Guy Degrenne (Vire) Europe’s leading cutlery manufacturer.
- AGRIAL Farming and food cooperative. Processes the products of livestock and arable farming. 6,000 employees in five counties. France’s fourth largest multipurpose farming cooperative.
Last but not least … All the top names in the food industry have production units in the county
, including : Danone, Lactalis, Nestlé, Groupe Bongrain…