University of Caen - Lower Normandy
|Founded in 1452, it is one of the oldest universities in France. A 58-hectare campus, with 24,253 students and 1,363 teaching staff, exchanges with 50 different countries and many degree courses : 18 DUT courses (two-year technical degree), 25 Bachelor's degree courses (L), with 13 specialisms, 45 specialist vocational degree courses (LP), 26 Master's degree courses (M), with 92 specialisms, 61 Doctorate specialisms (D), 2 engineering degree courses and degrees in medicine, pharmacy, orthophony... Further education provision throughout the county, with 2 university “outposts” in Lisieux and Vire and a centre specializing in tourism in Deauville.
Engineering, business and technical schools
- ENSICAEN (Ecole Nationale Supérieure d’Ingénieurs de Caen) : degree courses in computer engineering, instrumentation, materials, fine chemistry and microelectronics (plus block-release training in electronic banking)
- ESITC Caen (Ecole Supérieure d’Ingénieurs des Travaux de la Construction) : ESITC Caen is a leading Grande Ecole (France's most prestigious universities) that trains exceptional men and women, capable of imagining and building tomorrow’s world, for a career in the civil engineering sector.
- EMN (Ecole de Management de Normandie - Normandy Management school), whose origins date back to 1871, strives to be a business school of choice that provides pre-experience and continuing education in a quality, student-centred learning environment in Caen, Deauville and Le Havre.
- A scientific centre of excellence formed by the University, ENSICAEN and several research facilities, notably the GANIL heavy ion accelerator and the CYCERON neuroscience imaging centre.
- IAE (Institute of Business Administration of the Companies of the University of Caen - Lower Normandy): more than 2,000 students in 2011. In-service and initial training of future decision-makers prepared for the economic developments in business. Research center in management, bringing together 75 researchers within TOP, the largest research center in Lower Normandy.
- SUPINFO: international school of computing, offers in Caen a level 1 diploma. It has partnership with publishers and international manufacturers thanks to its educational laboratories. It's in constant contact with companies and offers to its students the possibility of studying abroad thanks to its 33 international schools.
- ESAM (Ecole Supérieure d'Arts et Médias) : offers three training programmes: a short course option in graphic design and two full course options in Arts and Communication and media.
A networked higher education in Calvados with the Normandy University cluster
is a consortium of Normandy’s largest universities and business schools in Caen, Rouen and Le Havre.
Companies need to adapt to the changing world and can take advantage of the county’s many training institutions. ERREFOM is a regional body which collates information about continuing education opportunities throughout the region.
The county’s 36,550 students
, mainly based in Caen, enjoy an extremely vibrant social life! The attractive environment, combined with first-class facilities and amenities, is conducive both to academic success and personal fulfilment. Indeed, many students go on to find their first jobs in the region.
Last updated 05/03/2012
|How to find internships in Calvados ?
To find internships / courses in Calvados and Normandy, please contact Atoutstages specialized service.