Food and drink
||Calvados is one of the leading French counties for food thanks to the variety of its products and the quality of its chiefs who know how to make the most of them! With its rich soil and know-how, Calvados has 9 original products : cheeses, dairy, meat, seafood, liquor....
A taste of the best
- Dairy produce with the "AOC" protected designation of origin : cheeses (camembert, pont-l'evêque, livarot), Isigny butter and cream
- Meat : Auge Valley chicken, the world-famous tripe à la mode de Caen (tripe braised in cider), and andouille (chitterling sausage) from Vire
- Seafood : Lower Normandy is France’s third leading producer of fish and shellfish and the foremost region in terms of the sheer variety of its products.These include scallops (Label Rouge quality label) and oysters from Isigny and Veys Bay.
- Desserts and confectionery : Teurgoule rice pudding, sablé biscuits from Asnelles, apple tart, Isigny toffee
- Beverages : Calvados, cider, perry and pommeau (calvados and apple juice liqueur)
Festivals and markets
- Festival of AOC products at Cambremer and international festival of AOC products
- Markets in countless towns and villages